Please note that Team Settings configurations can change the softphone display and behavior.
To use the softphone, please refer to our Softphone Requirements article.
Opening the Softphone
The softphone is opened from the Call Log page (Calls → Call Log). There are two options:
- Click Desk Mode to open the desk mode view.
- Click the Phone button to open the pop-out phone window.
- Agent Status: shows your user icon and current status (Available, Not Available, Outbound Call, Inbound Call, or custom status).
- Number to Dial: shows the number that will be dialed. Type or paste a number here to place an outbound call.
- Dial Pad: tap or click to place an outbound call.
- Softphone Settings: click here to open the softphone settings menu.
- Contacts: click here to view and search for recent contacts.
- Toggle Availability: click to become available or not available for calls.
Toggle Specific Queue Availability: click to accept or stop accepting calls for specific Queues (requires Connections Options configuration within each Queue)
- Softphone Tabs (Phone/Chat/Internal): click through these tabs to toggle between managing calls, chats, or internal chats/intercom
- Start and Stop Audio Recording: click the button to start or stop the audio recording (requires Team configuration)
Selecting an audio device
In the softphone settings, you can select the following audio settings:
- Audio Input: your microphone device for people to hear you
- Audio Output: audio you hear from other people on the call
- Audio Ringtone Device: ringing devices for incoming calls
To select your audio devices, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of your softphone, then scroll to the Audio section to make your choices.
Answering a Call
A ringing tone will play when an incoming call is being routed to you. You may also see a desktop notification.
1. Ignore: dismisses the current call. The call will stop ringing for you but will continue to ring for other agents (if applicable). This button can be removed based on the configuration of your Team setting.
2. Answer: answers the call.
3. We also offer Auto-Answer options which would prevent this Answer Call display from appearing since when the call is routed to the agent, it will be automatically answered. This requires a Teams (Phone Settings) configuration.
Softphone During a Live Call
- Agent Status: indicates agent, status, and tracking number the call is being placed from.
- Call Controls:
- Hold: places the caller on hold either for yourself or for anyone else to answer
- Mute: mutes your microphone.
- Keypad: returns to the dial pad view of the phone, which is helpful for keypress entry in Voice Menus as one example.
- Participants: click to view all agents and customers on the call. Call moderators can mute or dismiss other participants. You can also change the moderator of a call, which is helpful for warm transfers.
- Transfer: transfer the call to another agent, another phone number, a queue of agents, or a Voice Menu.
- Add: add another agent or another phone number to the call. You may also choose to place the caller on hold before adding. This is synonymous with “warm transfer.”
- Dialed Number and Call Duration: shows the phone number of the person with whom you are currently connected to / speaking with.
- Hang Up: ends the current call. A confirmation prompt can be displayed. (requires Teams (Phone Settings) configuration)
Calls/Text Tabs: click through these tabs to toggle between managing calls or texts (requires Teams (Phone Settings) configuration) as shown above in the Softphone tabs section.
Softphone Testing Tip
As a best practice, it is recommended that when testing the Softphone when you login into a Guest Profile instead of using the Google incognito window.