If you plan on using CallTrackingMetrics’s softphone in the web browser, we recommend the following requirements:
- To use the softphone, the user will need headphones to plug in to the laptop/desktop.
- Must have a microphone preferably on a boom
- Our best practice is to use a wired headset connection to avoid potential issues with bluetooth or other frequencies
- We’ve seen success with using a wired Jabra headset: http://www.jabra.com/business/office-headsets/jabra-evolve
- The only software we require is an internet browser, and we are optimized for the most recent versions of Google Chrome
- We require a reliable internet connection to ensure audio quality and agent availability. There are multiple variables in your network which could affect this, so we recommend running the Network Test below to get an expectation of what your network can support.
- We also recommend enabling QoS (Quality of Service) in your network if that is an option. This will prioritize audio packets within your network. This could be with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or your router configurations.
- Our best practice is to use a wired internet connection to avoid any issues with WIFI frequencies, signal strength, and other potential factors.
Softphone Testing Tip:
As a best practice, it is recommended that when testing the Softphone that you login into a Guest Profile instead of using the Google incognito window.
Article is closed for comments.