After Hours Message for Callers
If you would like to play a different message to your callers when they call your office after your business closes, you would go through the following steps.
- Create a schedule for after hours
- Set After Hours schedule
- Set what to do after hours (hours that the voice menu is not running)
- Set keypress to be default menu item
- Set your action
- Set the tracking numbers
- Create a voice menu.
- Name the voice menu to something you will understand like "After hours voice menu"
- When you go to the Input Controls section of the page you can select
- Speech Recognitions which allows you to transcribe speech from a caller after the caller is done enter digits or speakings (Additional charges apply)
- Stop playing messages on user input allows you to stop the play message when the caller presses makes a key press
- Maximum user inputs (Keypad digits) is the maximum number of digits pressed per menu item.
- You can change input handling to the following 1 - maximum keypress 1 seconds to wait for caller input 0 times to re-prompt the caller before giving up.
- Provide an error message of there is an invalid entry
- Determine how may times we should we re-prompt the caller before giving up
- Set the action after for the caller after giving up
- Hang up
- Route to a menu item
- Dial Number
If you would like to play a message to callers that asks them to leave messages in your CallTrackingMetrics system, then refer to this article on setting up voicemail.