Enabling a Fax Number
In order to send or receive a fax you will need to enable a Fax number.
- In order to use faxing you will need to have a fax enabled phone number. In order to have a fax enabled number go to the Buy Numbers page. The fax enable phone numbers have a checkmark.
- Once acquired go to Numbers → Fax Numbers, select → Set up as Fax number
Once enabled you will receive the follow confirmation
Now you can view which numbers are fax capable
- Phone numbers can either be fax or voice (not both)
- Once you set up a fax number it can no longer receive voice calls (until you switch it back, by going into the fax numbers page and reactivate it into a voice number)
- Once you switch the number over to voice number, it will prompt telling you that you can no longer receive faxes
Send a Fax
- To send a new fax select → New Fax
- Add a “To” Number
- Select a “From” number for the recipient (If multiple fax numbers are enabled, you’ll be able to select multiple fax numbers that show up in the dropdown)
- Select a PDF document you would like to send Note:Only PDF documents are supported at this time
- Select → Choose File (choose file)
- Select Send
The fax log can be found in: Activity → Faxes. This log will show all inbound and outbound that are in progress or have been received. In order to view the fax just click on the icon to view a fax.
Activity Fax Log
Inbound Fax Icon
Outbound Fax Icon
- Charges apply for both inbound and outbound faxes per page
- If redaction is turned on, it will delete fax content as part of the scheduled redactions period
- The fax documents will be available to view for the life of the account unless redaction has been implemented