Schedules are "if/then" rule that creates call paths for your routing. If a call that routes from a tracking number to a queue of agents you can apply a schedule to the tracking number. By applying the schedule will create a path that route to the queue (during the schedule's hours) or to an alternate path for items like voicemail (when the schedule is not active).
In these examples it shows the different ways schedules can be affect a call route. A relatively simple route is being used for the purposes for how schedules can be applied to any call routing. In the examples below the following call route are used: Go to Flows → Queue → Agents
Example: One Schedule
In the One Schedule example it was applied in three different places within the route. In the version 1 example it shows the route with the schedule that was applied to the tracking number. The version 2 shows the route with the schedule linking to the queue instead. With version 3 shows the route with the schedule assigned to the agent. In all three cases:
- When a caller dials the tracking number during business hours (as defined by the schedule) the caller will be routed to the queue which will dial agents as normal.
- If the caller dials the tracking number outside of business hours they will be routed to the voicemail box.
All three versions of this route will work the same way (either the agent is available to answer or the caller will be routed to voicemail). Depending on advanced settings for each of your route the caller may have a slightly different experience.
In the example of Version 3: if the queue has waiting messages and does not have a "bypass queue" when an agents aren't available" enabled the caller wait based on your queue's settings before being routed to voicemail. If you have multiple agents schedules each with different schedules, each agent's individual schedule will be used to determine where the call goes.
Example: Multiple Schedules
In this example the schedules have been applied to multiple part of the call route. A "business hours" schedule has been applied to the tracking number and another schedule for one of the two agents in the queue.
With this setup:
- Used caller dials the tracking number outside of business hours they will be routed to voicemail.
- If a caller dials during business hours but Agent 1's schedule is not active the caller will be routed to Agent 2.
- In the event of a caller dials during business hours and Agent 1's schedule is also active the caller will be routed to Agent 1. If Agent 1 is unable to answer (due to missing the call or being on another call) the caller will be routed to Agent 2