A Tracking Number is the phone number that your customers or potential customers will call. Before you can use our system, you need to purchase at least one tracking number. You can purchase local, toll-free, and international numbers from over 60 countries. If you already have numbers that are with another provider, you can port the numbers to CallTrackingMetrics.
Each tracking number has 3 critical pieces of information that you will be asked for when you purchase your tracking numbers:
- The Voice Routing: this is how the call will route. If using a Receiving Number, this will be the destination number that will ring when someone calls the tracking number. This can be an office number, a cell phone number, a desk phone number, etc.
- The Tracking Source: the advertising channel you are tracking with this number.
- The Target Number: this field will be available if you choose an online Tracking Source. The Target Number is the number that is hard-coded on your website that you are going to have our tracking code dynamically replace with a tracking number.
Purchase Your Numbers
- Navigate to Numbers → Buy Numbers.
- In the Find Phone Numbers drop-down, indicate the country where you want to purchase numbers.
- In addition to choosing the country, there are four search options to choose from:
- Area Code: type the area code where you want to find a number
- Toll-Free: select the toll-free prefix in which you are interested
- Address: enter a zip code or a city and state to find numbers for that location
- Near Number: type in a phone number and we will search for a number in the same rate
- Features: check one of the feature boxes if you would like to limit your search by one or more of the following capable numbers; Fax, HIPAA, Text Messages, or e911
- After choosing your search option, click Search. A list of available numbers will be shown below.
- If there are no numbers available, you will see a message with no search results and a Request a Number button.
- If you are looking for a vanity number, use the Request a Number button on the Buy Numbers page.
4. Select which numbers you want to purchase by clicking the Add button to move them to your cart.
5. When you are ready, click "Confirm & Purchase."
- A Purchase Complete pop-up will appear. You can either purchase more tracking numbers or click Done to configure the numbers you just purchased.
Note: If you can not find your number you can request a number by clicking on the Request a Number button. This will take you to the Request a Number order form page. Fill out the form with as much detail as possible, then click Request Numbers at the bottom of the form. This request will go to our Carrier Relations and Regulatory team who should get back to you within 1-2 business days.
Configure Your Numbers
Now that you have purchased tracking numbers, it is time to configure them:
- After you purchase numbers, the next page you see will be a configuration page. You can also configure your numbers at any time by going to Numbers → Tracking Numbers.
- On the configuration page for your new numbers, you will need to enter the following to get your number activated:
- Voice Routing: enter or create the call routing for this number queues, IVR's, smart routers etc. can be used here.
- Tracking Source: choose the advertising channel you are tracking with this number. You can choose from one of the sources already available in the system, or you can type in a custom source and create it on the fly.
- Target Number: this is the number you want us to replace on your website with a tracking number (the number that is hard-coded on the page). This field will become available on the Set Up page if you choose an Onsite Tracking Source.
- Save your changes
You can also configure these options by going to Numbers > Tracking Numbers and click the "complete number setup" link in the red boxes next to the numbers that have not been set up yet.
Manage Your Numbers
As you grow with CTM and have multiple accounts and multiple numbers you can use the account button to switch between editing tracking numbers within one account or editing and searching for numbers over multiple accounts or agency wide.