This article covers detailed Salesforce usage information. We recommend you start by following the instructions in this article before proceeding.
Once your account has been linked, you can send call data to Salesforce in real time.
- Enable Legacy Salesforce Integration
- ON – Legacy “mode”
- OFF – Use Triggers to customize logic between CallTrackingMetrics and Salesforce for record updates and creation
Legacy ‘mode’ in a nutshell – CTM will first check to see if there is an existing Lead or Contact record, if there isn’t then we will create a new Lead. In either case, we will append the call data as an Activity (Task) and Campaign to the Lead or Contact record.
The legacy integration has a number of implicit actions (record updates) that occur throughout the life of a call. This can be beneficial for some customers and problematic for others. Please contact our team to discuss which option would be best for your organization.
- Use local number formats instead of E.164
- ON – Phone number format will be (XXX) XXX-XXXX
- OFF – Phone number format will be +XXXXXXXXXXX
If your company deals internationally then it would be best to leave this option OFF and CTM will send the international numbering plan.
- Use full region names (e.g. ‘United States’ instead of ‘US’…)
- ON – CTM will spell out the region name instead of using abbreviations
- OFF – CTM will use abbreviations
It is important to check if you have any validation rules in Salesforce. This could possibly prevent us from creating records or saving any record updates.
- Open Salesforce records in edit mode
- ON – When answering using the OpenCTI adapter we will open records in edit mode (not pop the newly created and stored record), your agent must click ‘Save’ to create the record
- OFF – Salesforce will pop the newly created (and stored) record
By default, new leads created in Lightning will open in edit mode.
- Auto Create new Records when using OpenCTI in Classic Salesforce
- ON - New records will be created automatically
- OFF - CTM will open a new form and attempt to pre-fill it with unsaved values
This is automatically toggled on for CTM customers because it is the most seamless way to obtain information from the Salesforce CTI softphone. This increases accuracy.
- Present a search dialog with Softphone when multiple records are matched
- ON - CTM will automatically append activities from the softphone to agent selected record
- OFF - Disabling this means CTM will instead use a trigger to append activity data
This is automatically toggled on for CTM customers because it increases the speed in which activity data is updated.
- Limit Data Access
- ON – Prevent Call Managers and Call Agents from accessing data in the Salesforce Panel
- OFF – Anyone with access to the Call Log/Text Log will be able to see the data sent to Salesforce
Article is closed for comments.