Call Scoring allows you to customize the Score column of the call log. By using the Score panel, you can apply reporting tags, set a star rating, and mark calls as conversions.
The features in the Score panel can be used in a number of ways. The following is a list of fields that can be set in this panel along with some suggestions for how they might be used:
- Reporting Tags appear as text in the Score column (in place of the Score icon). These can be used to enter very brief notes for the subject matter of the call, product names or services discussed on the call, or labels like “wrong number.”
- Star Ratings range from one to five stars based on the activity and will also appear in the Score column. You might use these to rate the quality of a lead or the managers might use them to rate agent performance while reviewing calls.
- Conversions allow you to mark a call as a sale within your call log. When the toggle is turned on, a checkbox will appear in the Score column. You can also enter the dollar value and the date that the conversion was made, which will also show in the Score column.
You will also find the conversion and revenue information within the call reports.
Administrators can customize the name of the scoring columns and fields to specify a set list of available reporting tags that can be used in the account.
Scoring a Call
- Navigate to activities → Call Log.
- Click the Score icon to open the detail panel to the Score tab.
- From here, you can enter a reporting tag or choose from any previously used tags. This tag will appear as text in the Score column of the call log.
- In order to keep your tags consistent, you may wish to enforce a limited list of reporting tags to choose from. See “Customizing Call Scoring” below to learn more.
- To give the call a star rating, use the “Score Call” drop-down and select from one to five stars calls.
- If you wish to mark calls as conversions in your call log add a dollar value and enable it by toggling on the “Converted” button.
- A row will appear where you can enter the dollar value along with the date of the call.
- Click Save Changes.
Removing Call Scores
To remove any of the score settings, click in the Score column in your call log and click Remove Score. This will reset all of the score data.
To remove individual pieces of data in the score panel without removing all of the score information just remove the reporting tags by clicking the x next to the tag in the field The star rating can be removed by selecting “no rating” from the drop-down.
Note: if you have marked a call as converted and entered a dollar value using “Converted” will not remove the dollar value associated with the call. You will need to delete the dollar value manually using the Remove Score to clear the dollar value. If you need to quickly locate calls in your call log that has a dollar value but the conversion toggle is off, use this filter to find those calls and adjust the score settings as needed.
Reporting on Converted Calls
Customizing Call Scoring
Admins can customize the score options that are available in the call log by navigating to Reports → → Scoring. The changes made here will apply to all users in the account.
You can also control users that are able to access call scoring using access controls in your account.
Click Save Changes anywhere on this settings page when you are finished.
The Score section offers customization options for star ratings in the call log. You can use the “Score” in the account to enter the reporting tag, score, and whether the item was converted.
This section allows you to toggle whether calls can be marked as conversions in your account. You can also choose to rename the label for the toggle in the detail panel. By default, the toggle is enabled and has the label “Converted.”
The amount or value associated with the call when the converted flag is on. This section allows you to toggle whether the field to enter a dollar value for converted calls is available in your account. You can also use the “Field Name” field to change the label associated with the field in the detail panel.
By default, the converted amount field is enabled and is labeled “Converted Amount.”
This is an open tag field that allows agents to quickly associated tags to a call. This can be used to filter reports.
The Tags section allows you to toggle the ability to add call tags in your account, and also allows you to edit the label for that field.
By default, call tags are enabled and the field is labeled “Tag Call.”
By default, this toggle is enabled, the column is named “Score,” and the field is labeled “Score Call.”
This section allows you to enable or disable the ability to enter notes for a call (this appears in the Contact section of the detail panel). You can also change the name of the field if you wish.
By default, notes that are enabled are labeled “Notes”.