CallTrackingMetrics has two unique integrations with Google:
About Google Analytics
This integration will track calls from Visitors to your Landing Pages/Website as "Events" in Analytics. This popular integration allows you to view your calls right in Google Analytics and analyze them in conjunction with your website data. CallTrackingMetrics sends all inbound calls, inbound texts and FormReactor® submissions into Google Analytics as "Events" with the Website Visitor detail attached. Connecting Google Analytics to Google Ads creates a seamless flow of data, connecting the exact "Paid Click" to the unique caller.
Inside Analytics, "Goals" can be set up around "Call Events" and can be customized in a variety of ways.
For example, you can create a goal for:
- Organic Traffic
- First-time Caller(s)
- Total Talk Time of over 120 Seconds
- Google Ads Visitors
- Site Visits over 30 Seconds
The following items must be completed prior to setting up your Google Analytics Integration:
- Purchase Tracking Number(s) & associate them to the Tracking Source of Google AdWords
- Place CallTrackingMetrics tracking code in the header of landing page(s)
- Make sure Google Analytics tracking code is on the landing page(s)
- Make sure you have administrative access to the UA (Universal Analytics) property that's related to the landing page(s)
- Google Analytics must be linked to Google AdWords
- Google AdWords must have auto-tagging turned on
Connect CallTrackingMetrics and Google Analytics
1. Go to Settings → Integrations.
2. Select Google Analytics.
3. Click the "Link your Analytics Account" button.
4. Allow CallTrackingMetrics access to the "Users UA Properties" by signing in to your Google Account.
5. Under Site Tracking, select the site that you wish to track from the dropdown menu.
6. Once a selection has been made, click the "Use Selected Profile" button.
7. Under the Google Events section, customize how you want the information to report using the toggle options.
8. Save your changes.
At this point all your inbound call and form data will report as Events inside of Google Analytics. Learn more about the data CTM sends into Analytics.
Key facts to remember:
- Google Analytics & Ads do not report in real time.
- Google Analytics & Ads do not report in the same time.
- It typically takes between 5 minutes and 24 hours for paid campaign data to populate in the call log.
- CallTrackingMetrics tracking code must be installed on the page.
- Google Analytics tracking code must be installed on the page.
- Google Analytics must be linked/ communicating with Google Ads.
- CallTrackingMetrics must be communicating with Google Analytics.
About Google Ads Integration for Click to Call & Call Extensions
Connect CallTrackingMetrics with Google Ads
1. Go to Settings → Integrations.
2. Select Google Ads > Google Ads (Direct Connect).
3. Click Settings to Connect Google Ads within CallTrackingMetrics
4. Click to connect to Google Ads
5. From within Google Ads you must select CallTrackingMetrics as your "Call analytics provider"
6. Map your Google Ads accounts to your CallTrackingMetrics accounts by clicking "Link Google Ad Account"
7. After mapping your accounts either create a new Lead conversion action and a new Sales conversion action.
8. Set the rules that apply to all mapped accounts. These rules run at the end of each activity e.g. end of phone call or after a form , text is received.
9. You can also set up a sale rule that will trigger after an activity is converted within the sale column in the activity logs.