Using a visual force page inside Salesforce objects like Leads or Contacts, now view text messages that are routing to and from a tracking number as a conversation in Salesforce.
Create a Visualforce Page for Text Messages
- Begin by navigating to the Setup page in your Organization.
- Locate the Quick Find search box in the left-hand navigation, search for, and select Visualforce Pages.
- Click New to start a new Visualforce page.
- Enter a name for the page and paste the snippet of code from your accounts' integration page to your Visualforce markup:
Adding Text Messaging to the Lead
- Open a Lead in Salesforce
- Click the gear and then Edit Object
- Go to Page Layout
- Click on the Layout to which you would like to add the text message conversation window.
- In the page layout section, scroll to Visualforce Pages
- Drag the CTM Text box and drag it to where it will be viewed on the page, then Save.