If you plan to send text messages to US ten-digit long codes (10DLC or US local numbers) a Trust Center registration is required. This will help ensure your account complies with the most recent mobile carrier requirements. It also helps with the deliverability of text messages.
Begin your registration by going to: Numbers > Trust Center
Step 1: Business Registration
Registration requires businesses to provide information about themselves, or if they’re resellers they must provide information about the customers on whose behalf they are acting on. Each registration MUST be unique (duplicate registrations can be rejected and the registration fees are non-refundable) and only one registration per CTM sub-account is allowed. We recommend having the company tax registration document (W9) available before beginning.
- Legal Business Name: Name listed on the SS4 federal form.
- Business Type: Type of business (please note, Sole Proprietorship is listed but only to register the business not for A2P 10DLC registration).
- Registration Type: Should match the business entity type
- Business Registration Number: Enter the value from your tax registration document (SS4)
- Business Website URL: Website for the business being registered
- Region(s): Regions where the text messages will be sent
- Social Media Link(s): Apply links to the social media platforms for the business (NOT REQUIRED)
- Company Type: Public or Private
- Public Company: Stock Exchange and Stock Ticker are required, only if publicly traded
Business Primary Address (SS4)
This is the primary address where the business operates which is seen on the SS4 document.
The authorized representative is the person within the account who is responsible for this Trust Center registration (the same person can be listed on multiple registrations). They will receive status updates through email notifications and if needed we will reach out directly for assistance.
- Select an email address from the drop-down, the person must currently be a user on the account for them to be in the list.
Click Save Changes
Step 2: Brand Registration
Click Register Brand, then verify the business information listed on the screen is valid for the brand registration. Next, select how you would like the brand to be validated. There are two options for this:
- Verification Only $4 - You can choose to only complete a verification, which is a simple business check (this is the minimum requirement).
- Additional Vetting $40 - Although optional, we recommend that you also have your brand vetted through a third party to increase deliverability through the mobile carriers. Brands sending more than 2,000 messages per day to T-mobile customers will be required to complete this brand vetting.
Note: Once your brand is verified you may proceed to step 3. If the brand is rejected, you will need to make the necessary changes and resubmit the registration form. If you need to share your brand with multiple subaccounts, check out our article on how to do so.
Step 3: Campaign Registration
Click the button to Add/View Campaigns > Add Campaign
Then fill out the following sections:
Complete this section with information about your text message campaign, once a campaign is approved no changes may be made. The only way to make changes is to remove the campaign and apply for a new one. The use case of a campaign must be appropriate for the brand with which it is associated. TCR and carriers may reject campaign registrations they deem unrelated to or not consistent with the brand. We recommend following CTIA best practices.
- Campaign Name: Assign a custom Campaign Name
- Campaign Description: Describe what this campaign use case will be used for, 40 character minimum.
- Campaign Use Case: Select a Use Case from the drop-down (if you select Low Volume Mixed or Mixed you’ll be prompted to select Sub Use Cases as well).
- Campaign Sub-Use Case:
- Low Volume Mixed: Must select at least 1 sub-use case (max allowed is 5).
- Mixed: Must select at least 2 sub-use cases (max allowed is 5).
- Campaign Sub-Use Case:
- Message Flow: Provide details on how a consumer opts into this specific campaign and provides consent to receiving the text messages. If there are multiple methods for consumers to opt into this campaign, they must all be listed, 4- characters minimum.
Campaign and Content Attributes
Declare whether your campaign involves any of the following attributes. Subscriber Opt-in, Opt-out, Help, and Terms & Conditions are mandatory and cannot be toggled OFF. You may not use campaigns to perform affiliate marketing, and therefore cannot be toggled ON.
- Subscriber Opt-in: Indicates whether you collect and process customer opt-ins
- Subscriber Opt-out: Indicates whether you collect and process customer opt-ins
- Subscriber Help: Indicated whether you have implemented message replies that tell customers how they can contact the message sender when they reply with the HELP keyword
- Terms and Conditions: Indicated whether campaign messages will include “Terms & Conditions” references
- Affiliate Marketing: Indicated whether the campaign involves affiliate marketing - this is not allowed
- Embedded Link: Indicated whether campaign messages will use an embedded link
- Embedded Phone Number: Indicates whether campaign messages will use an embedded phone number (other than the required HELP information contact phone number.
- Direct Lending/Loan Arrangement: Indicates whether this campaign includes content related to direct lending or other loan arrangements.
- Age-gated Content: Indicated whether the campaign includes age-gated content as defined by carriers and CTIA guidelines.
Sample Text Messages
Sample text messages are required for all use cases (with a maximum of 5 samples total) and each message must contain at least 20 characters. The sample message must be indicative of the actual text message(s) being sent from the phone number(s) associated with this campaign. Opt-In, Opt-Out, and Help messages cannot be the same.
If you select a campaign use case of Mixed or Low Volume Mixed a message sample is required for each of the sub-use cases selected.
Opt-In, Opt-out & Help Messages
- Opt-In Messages:
- Use the following keywords to trigger your Opt-In Message: START, YES, UNSTOP.
- The default message will read “You have successfully been subscribed to messages from this number. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to unsubscribe. Msg&Data Rates may apply.
- Optionally, a custom opt-in response may be used by adding the message in the response box. There is a minimum length of 20 characters.
- Opt-Out Messages:
- Use the following keywords to trigger your Opt-Out Message: STOP, STOPALL, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, END QUIT
- The default message will read “You have successfully been unsubscribed. You will not receive any more messages from this number. Reply START to resubscribe.” This must remain in the message.
- Optionally, a custom opt-out response may be used by adding the message in the response box.
- There is a minimum length of 20 characters.
- There is a maximum length of 160 characters.
- Help Messages:
- Use the following keywords to trigger your Help Message: HELP, INFO
- The default message will read “Reply STOP to unsubscribe. Msg&Data Rates May Apply.
- Optionally, a custom help response may be used by adding the message in the response box. There is a minimum length of 20 characters.
Here is an example of what is required from the Mobile Carriers
There are two separate checkboxes: one for calls, and one for SMS:
- The checkboxes are unchecked
- SMS usage is specified in the Opt-In message
- This example states 2-4 times per month
Campaign Phone Numbers
CallTrackingMetrics works with several carriers to provide our customers with the best service possible. When registering a campaign a carrier must be designated so our downstream provider knows where to send the campaign request to.
Each carrier requires its own campaign. For example, if you want to use phone numbers for Carrier A and Carrier B for a Low Volume Mixed campaign type a Low Volume Mixed campaign will need to be registered for each carrier.
- Select a Carrier from the available options. If no phone numbers are listed under a carrier you will not be able to select the carrier as an option.
- Once the campaign is approved you will have the ability to edit the phone numbers assigned to it.
Campaign Fee Submission:
- There is a 1x registration vetting fee of $15.00 for each campaign.
- For each campaign submission, you will be billed for the 3 months of service which is deducted from the account (3-month minimum) for each campaign. The campaign fees can range between $1.50 monthly to $10.00 monthly Each remaining month will be billed at the monthly rate for the campaign use case selected.
- If you have multiple numbers under carriers A, B, C, or D, each registration will need to be submitted separately for each carrier, as its own campaign. Please note, only 49 numbers can be assigned to a campaign. The 15 dollar one-time charge will be applied to each campaign for each given carrier.
- If a campaign is not approved and requires edits, a new submission will incur another $15 vetting fee.
This section shows the campaign fees that are due now and what will be deducted from the account's available balance. All campaign fees are prepaid upon submission and the fees are non-refundable.
- Check the acknowledgment box
Click Submit for Approval