What do you need to know?
The messaging industry is making changes to the message volumes that can be sent over an unverified Toll-Free number. This is part of the process to verify all Toll-Free numbers and align sender visibility with the Short Code and 10DLC messaging channels.
On April 1, Twilio will apply the following industry-wide thresholds for messaging sent over Restricted and Pending Toll-Free numbers will be applied:
- Daily limit: 500 messages
- Weekly limit: 1,000 messages
- Monthly limit: 2,000 messages
- Daily limit: 2,000 messages
- Weekly limit: 6,000 messages
- Monthly limit: 10,000 messages
These limits aren’t applicable when a Toll-Free number is already verified.
What do you need to do?
If you have unverified Toll-Free numbers that send messaging traffic over the new limits, please submit these numbers for verification as soon as possible. If you have a large inventory of numbers, please note that you can only register up to 5 toll-free numbers per account. When registering, select the 5 most important numbers for your messaging campaign.
If you are not currently exceeding these thresholds, we strongly encourage you to register your Toll-Free number(s) as this can help to increase your delivery rate and reduces the potential for messages to be filtered by the wireless carriers. Registration is required for all Toll-Free numbers sending messages to Canada as well.
How do I register?
- Complete Business Registration via the Trust Center (step 1 in this help article) if you have not already done so, and ensure your account status is carrier approved.
- Complete the Toll Free Verification form which can be found under Numbers > Trust Center. Then select “Use” and scroll to the bottom of the page. There are no costs associated with this registration.
Once submitted, the verification process can take up to 2-3 weeks to complete. Keep in mind, you’ll experience verification delays if you omit any information. During this time, your Phone Numbers are moved to a ‘pending verification’ state that adjusts the messaging limits while your submission is reviewed.
What if you don’t take action?
Article is closed for comments.